The Hope Of Christ In Every Student

Updates of students reaching students with the Good news of Jesus from all over the USA....

Saturday, January 23, 2010

01.22.2010 FP Johnson City Update

Around October, 2009 my pastor gave me a teen Bible. He wanted me to take it to the First Priority club that I was involved in and offer it to anyone that had a need for it or if someone had a friend that could use it. I continued to take the teen Bible to meetings week after week. Sometimes skipping a week and then making an announcement and offering it again. Before Christmas break, I made the offer again of a free Bible if anyone knew someone that might need it and put it to use. After the club meeting a young lady, we will call her Betty, approached me and said she knew a schoolmate that could use the Bible. I was excited that someone finally wanted to put this Bible to use. Betty asked me if I would take the Bible to the office and ask them to give it to this student. This would have been a simple enough task but I felt that it was important for her to do it. I asked her to take the Bible with her and pray about it and that God would lead her to what she should do.

After Christmas break I was getting very anxious to get to our first club meeting of the new year. I wanted to check in with Betty to see if she had followed through with giving the Bible to her fellow student. I walked up to her before the meeting started and asked her if she had given the Bible to her friend. She had written me a note and I told her that I would read it later.

The note said, “I just wanted you to know about the Bible and who I gave it to. I didn’t really know how to explain it before. This person is in one of my classes and just recently in the past few months became homeless and lives at the local shelter. While living at the shelter this person started attending Church. So because of this person’s circumstances I felt that this person really needed it. How I ended up giving it to this person was wrapping it, putting it in the office, and they delivered it for me. I know this person from class but I don’t know this person that well that I felt comfortable enough to give it to this person personally. So that is why I did it the way I did. P.S.- I put the Bible was from First Priority as a club.”

At our next meeting, I talked with her a little about the note and how proud of her I was that she made this effort to get the Bible to someone she believed could really use it. I thought that was the end of the story but it wasn’t.
After our meeting today, Betty told me that the person she gave the Bible to had attended a youth retreat and accepted Christ as their savior. I have been pumped up the whole day. There are some times where you are not able to tell if you are getting through to the youth. Then you are able to share in an experience like this and God shows you He is working through you. This is definitely a WOW moment from God that I will not forget.

Greg Morelock - Board Member and Campus Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment