The Hope Of Christ In Every Student

Updates of students reaching students with the Good news of Jesus from all over the USA....

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

11/16/2009 - Another Student impacting her school for Christ!

A student's story


What do you think when someone mentions Salmen High School? Most would say that we are "the jock" school. Others would say that we are racially diverse, And others would even go as far as saying that Salmen is "The problem of Slidell."

As a Christian, as well as a new student at Salmen, I found a problem in this. Are we, as Christians, not called to be a light in the dark? Where are all the missionaries representing Christ around here?

Unfortunately, I often found myself feeling like a fish out of water, that is, I felt like i was the only Christian at school. Knowing that this feeling had to be untrue I set out to start a Christian Club, preferably First Priority.

After much prayer this feeling became a confirmed calling from God. I rejoiced in the fact that God was using me, but had no idea how to start a club. Burdened to fulfill this new calling, I attended church that Wednesday. My youth minister announced that we would have a guest speaker, a representative of First Priority. My heart began to race as I began to see what God was planning to do. An uncontrollable joy filled my heart as Greg Bounds, director of First Priority Gulf South, took the stage and began explaining the FISH cycle. God slowly but surely began opening doors to have First Priority started at Salmen, and as some would say, the rest is history.

I am proud to report that for our first hook week two souls were won for Jesus. First Priority is slowly gaining popularity at Salmen!

Please pray that God continues to move on the hearts of those at the school. Thank You.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment