The Hope Of Christ In Every Student

Updates of students reaching students with the Good news of Jesus from all over the USA....

Friday, October 22, 2010

Another Life Changed - from October Newsletter FP South Florida

It is such a blessing when we see a student whose life was touched through First Priority return to invest in other students at a First Priority club. Stephanie Weinberg is one of those students. here is her story in her own words:

I was raised in a Jewish home, but i drifted away into New Age stuff such as tarot cards and reincarnation by the time i was 14. By that time i was smoking, drinking and hanging out with the wrong crowd. My childhood was very difficult and i struggled with depression as a result. I overdosed on drugs, nearly taking my own life. But God had another plan for me and I finally gave my life to Christ. I was 16 when i was introduced to the Christian world through the First Priority Club at Spanish River HS. Soon i found out how wrong i was about Christianity, God, life, and just about everything. That's when i started opening my heart and learning about God's attributers. He is good.

I attended First Priority because a friend invited me, I didn't want to disappoint her, so I went. Thank you Rachel! I felt so out of place at first, but I still kept going back every week. People actually cared to talk to me and i started asking tons of questions. They gave me a Bible because i didn't own one nor had i ever read it before then.

Even though at times i asked the most difficult questions, i never felt judged. Pretty soon, instead of it being just another after school club, First Priority because a safe place to hangout. I learned a lot from all the different speakers that came. I am now 21 year old, and i recently graduated from a two year ministry school. I am helping out as one of the campus coaches at Olympic Heights HS First Priority Club. I truly love and support this ministry with my whole heart because of what God has done for me through it. i believe that everything that i went through will be used for God's glory. I am SUPER excited for what he has prepared for me now and in the future. To whomever reads this article, i personally want to let you know that God DOES love you and everything good and bad will be used for His glory. God Bless you, Stephanie.


Every week 300,000 students participate in First Priority Clubs all over the country. God is up to something incredible, and we count ourselves fortunate to serve the Stephanies that are out there in Middle and High Schools all over our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment