The Hope Of Christ In Every Student

Updates of students reaching students with the Good news of Jesus from all over the USA....

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Priority Parent October 2010 eUpdate main article...


A Note From a new City Director with F.P.

After coming to a realization that I, as a student pastor, was making a small ping (not even a dent) on the 10,000 students in my county, I started searching for a tool to make a huge impact for the kingdom. I contacted First Priority of America and asked how could I get this going in my area. The national guys got me right on the path of the 4 phases. i admit it seemed like a lot of hoops to jump through.

At times I became frustrated with others who had lack of motivation to help. I also was tempted to breeze right through and skip steps to just see the clubs happen. For the first time, I said no I will do this the right way, I will put in whatever it takes to build a lasting ministry for my city and county. By doing this, it took a lot of time. But a year later, after making a phone call to the national office and having Steve come and share the vision with about 8 youth ministers, today we have around 300 hundred people in our database and are launching at 15 schools.

I want to encourage whoever is reading this to follow the phases to the T and then you will see a thriving ministry a ministry that will out last you. If you don’t follow the guides and just throw a club together, you will see students come to know Christ but you will also experience that club failing over time, because it has no foundation. Take the time to build the foundation. Luke 6:49 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” This verse can apply to First Priority, Just as Christ was saying to those who do not put His words into practice is like building a house without a foundation, it will fall. The same can be said by not following these amazing guides, they are full of tips from past City Directors giving advice all summed up together to see you become successful.

I can not thank those enough for putting in the hard work before us to make this process as smooth and efficient as I have come to see it.

BRANDON STARNES FP of Greater Decatur, AL

No comments:

Post a Comment